Base Camp/Over Land Fish
Make delicious, flaky fish with a white wine sauce.
To make this fish, you will need:
- trout (scaled or fillet)
- 1-2T butter
- one bag of boil-in-bag jasmine rice
- 1 cup + 1-2T flour
- 1t dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of fresh spinach (or other greens)
- 1 lemon
- 1.5 cups light white wine
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pot
- 1 fry pan
- Boil water in pot.
- Add rice.
- Cover rice.
- Reduce heat to simmer as instructed per packaging.
- Combine flour and seasoning (oregano, salt, and pepper).
- Dredge fish in flour.
- Heat butter in pan until brown.
- Add fish to pan.
- Plate cooked rice when it is ready.
- Spread spinach on plates to make a bed.
- Once fish is cooked and crispy, remove from the pan to plate.
- Add almonds and butter in the pan to lightly toast the almonds.
- Plate the toasted almonds.
- In the remaining butter, add 1-2T flour.
- Stir the flour constantly until it to brown.
- Add white wine .
- Gently scrape the pan.
- Serve sauce over fish.
- Slice lemon in half.
- Squeeze lemon over fish and spinach before serving.